Today Ex Libris is excited to bring you two Student News announcements:
Rhiannon Falzone (MAWP) has had an essay published in The Violet, an online quarterly magazine based in California. Rhiannon’s essay, entitled “Let Her Go,” appears in the spring issue, which has the theme of Rebirth.
Rhiannon had previously read parts of “Let Her Go,” on the DePaul Radio Student Writers Series, but had to cut it to 1200 words before sending it to The Violet. “[It] brought out my love of editing,” Rhiannon says, “At first it felt a bit daunting, but I actually love this version much more.” You can read the essay at thevioletonline.com. Congratulations Rhiannon!
Congratulations also to MAWP students Jennifer Houghton, Jency Kanichirayil, and Angel Woods, who have been selected to take part in Thursday’s master class with noted novelist and essayist Eileen Pollack. Thanks to everyone who submitted work.
All students are welcome at this event, which takes place this Thursday, April 12, from 3:30-5 p.m. in Rosatti Room 300 of the John T. Richardson Library in Lincoln Park. Please plan on being there to support Jennifer, Jency, and Angel, and benefit from hearing the response of a successful author to their drafts. The Master Class will be followed by a reading by Eileen Pollack at 6 p.m. in room 115 of the library.
Connect Search, LLC is looking for a technical writer for a contract job in Evanston. It is a 4 month contract, possibly longer. Applicants must have experience with Adobe InDesign. Here are the details:
Responsibilities: Planning and writing a variety of technical documentation deliverables, including user guides, online help content, administration guides, and API documentation for web and mobile software.
- 3+ years of experience creating technical documentation or user assistance deliverables for software
- Experience writing for both end users and software developers
- Experience documenting large Web-based applications
- Superior writing skills, with an emphasis on clarity and structure. Review of example work product will be part of the interview process.
- Must be proficient with Adobe In Design
- BS/MS, preferably in Technical Communications, English, or Computer Science
- Experience documenting APIs (Java or .NET preferred)
- Experience documenting XML technologies, including Web services
- Experience documenting mobile applications
Work environment: This is an individual contributor role, working in our Evanston location. Work is non-routine and complex, working directly with Development teams to understand and translate technical concepts, designs, and completed product features into written materials readily understood by a non-technical audience.
For more information on Connect Search, please visit www.connectsearchllc.com. To apply for the position, please contact Erin Bauer, Vice President of Recruiting at email@example.com, 312-422-1600 Office, or 312-422-1601 Fax.