McCormick Community Internship: Winter Quarter 2014 – Steans Center
- Looking for a PAID internship with a community organization?
- Do you have a strong commitment to SERVICE and ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE?
- Are you seeking to advance your understanding of Chicago communities?
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS –
Winter Quarter 2014 Interns
DEADLINE extended: Friday, November 15, 2013 at 5pm
This internship is focused on project-based work designed by the student in collaboration with a community partner. At the end of the year, McCormick interns present their project at the annual Service Speaks conference (May 2014). Interns receive $1,200 per academic quarter from the Steans Center during the internship experience and are eligible to renew the internship for up to two consecutive quarters. Examples of past projects include:
- a local Public Art tour for the Bronzeville Visitor Information Center
- translating job-training manuals into various languages to help refugees at World Relief
- formalizing a PR plan for the Inner City Muslim Action Network
For more information, please visit the Steans Center website at steans.depaul.edu and click on the link for the McCormick Community Internship under the “Opportunities” section or email Karly Kattenbraker at email@example.com.
***This internship may qualify for the University Internship Program (UIP) and enable you to receive academic credit and fulfill the Experiential Learning requirement. For more information, please contact the UIP team at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: http://www.careercenter.depaul.edu/jobs/internships.aspx
Before clicking on the link to apply, please log in to https://depaul.experience.com