Deadline Approaching for Virginia Woolf Conference
Time passes! The deadline for submitting proposals to the Annual International Conference on Virginia Woolf: Writing the World is approaching: 25 January 2014.
Writing the World (Chicago 5-8 June 2014) promises to be lively. In addition to our keynote speakers, we plan the following special events—all-inclusive with your registration fee ($190 regular/$100 students, independent scholars, emeritus or part-time faculty):
- Poetry off the Shelf: A Woolf-Inspired Reading with Sina Queyras, June 4, 7 p.m. at The Poetry Foundation
- Newberry Library Bloomsbury Exhibit, June 4, 3-4:30 p.m.; June 5 10-11:30 a.m. (limited admission, tickets first come first served)
- Performance of Sarah Ruhl’s Orlando
- Multi-media performance/workshop, Anna Henson’s The Glass Inward
- Performance of Suzanne Bellamy’s Two Saints in One Act
- Seminars (limit 15—sign up with registration):
Perspectives on Virginia Woolf’s Sense of Place, Bonnie Kime Scott (San Diego SU)
Queering/Cripping Woolf, Madelyn Detloff (Miami U)
Woolf and Bloomsbury Homosexuality, Patricia Morgne Cramer (U of Connecticut- Stamford)
Bloomsbury Worlds, Urmila Seshagiri (U of Tennessee) & Rishona Zimring, (Lewis and Clark College)
Woolf and Cognition’s Outward Turn, Melba Cuddy-Keane (U of Toronto)
Your registration will also include breakfasts, morning and afternoon snacks, and two receptions.