Production Editor, American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
Summary: Responsible for typesetting and production of all AISC publications, including trade magazine Modern Steel Construction, design guides, manuals, etc. Also coordinates purchasing of promotional items and tracking publication inventory.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Typesetting, proofreading, scheduling and managing the printing of Modern Steel Construction, AISC technical publications and marketing literature.
- Liaison between AISC and vendors providing typesetting, proofreading and printing services.
- Purchasing promotional items for AISC (including items for internal use, such as shirts, and external distribution, such as pens and pads).
- Monitoring and managing the AISC publications warehouse, including keeping track of inventory and reordering as appropriate.
- Registration of ISBN numbers of Manuals and other publications.
- Production of Postal Service Form 3526 for Modern Steel Construction and Engineering Journal.
- Assign and maintain publication numbers for AISC publications.
- Graphic design of publications when assigned by supervisor.