Sixth Annual English Department Spring Conference
Friday, May 8, 2015 • Arts & Letters Hall, 2315 North Kenmore Avenue
Keynote Speaker Crystal Chan, Author of Bird
DePaul English students now have one more week to submit their original poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, literary analyses or criticism, and other work to this annual student-run conference. The conference theme is Wonder. The new deadline is Monday, April 15. Please send submissions or inquiries to: email@example.com.
1. Submit 300- to 500-word abstracts OR complete papers (complete papers are preferred, but abstracts are fine, too) for up to two works total: ONE creative piece and ONE work of literary study.
2. All submitted work, both creative and academic, should be 15–20 minutes when read aloud (approximately eight to ten double-spaced pages).
3. Please attach submissions as separate Word or .pdf files within the same email. All submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Spring Conference Submission.”
4. Do NOT put your name or any identifying information anywhere on the submission(s). Instead, enclose a cover sheet with your submissions. The cover sheet should include the following information.
5. If your submission is selected for the spring conference, you must be available to present it on the afternoon of Friday, May 8, 2015 at Arts & Letters Hall, 2315 North Kenmore Avenue.
Work accepted for the conference will be grouped into panels according to genre or theme, and a 15-minute Q&A session will conclude each panel. All works submitted must be original, and we encourage writers to submit recent work. In the spirit of academic fellowship, we encourage participants to stay for the duration of the conference and to celebrate at the reception following. The day will conclude with a keynote address by author Crystal Chan.