Graduate students familiar with APA style guidelines may be interested in the following freelance copy editing position.
From Nicole Buras, ATDChi Director of University Relations:
Looking for freelance copy editor for a variety of academic and light communication projects. The ideal candidate is skilled at proofreading and copy editing and has a strong grasp of the American Psychological Association 6th edition guidelines.
The person will help ensure all documentation is error free, easy to read, and meets APA guidelines (unless otherwise directed). The person will double check that names, places and organizations listed in documentation are spelled properly and that facts, dates and other data are accurate.
Requirements for an ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required, and working toward a graduate degree
- Extremely detail oriented
- Comfortable with meeting deadlines with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Word and PowerPoint
- Proficient in American Psychological Association 6th edition guidelines
Compensation is $20 an hour by individual project. Interested parties may send a resume, unofficial transcripts, and a brief cover letter or writing sample to email@example.com.