The new literary journal, Indicia is open for submissions until October 31 for their 2nd issue. They are searching for previously unpublished works of poetry, flash fiction, and visual art.
See the following message from the editors:
Dear Writers & Artists,
We invite you to submit to our young online journal indicia, an art, poetry, and fiction publication made with love above all else. Mostly we are drawn to the experimental, the understated, the othered & outcast, the childlike, and the bizarre. Check out our first issue, then if you think we’d like your work, send some to us for the upcoming second issue.
- Up to 6 poems of not more than 10 pages total.
- Up to 3 flash fiction stories of not more than 750 words each.
- Up to 5 high-quality image files.
- Longer stories obtained through solicitation by our fiction editors only.
- Use “Poetry,” “Flash,” or “Art” + “Submission” for the subject line.
- To be considered for inclusion in the winter issue, please dispatch your work by October 31st.
All work must be previously unpublished. If you are considering submitting your work, send a single .doc / .docx (.pdf also if formatting requires) or multiple .jpg/.gif/.png images to email@example.com
It is free to submit, which also means we cannot afford to compensate our contributors; all who are included will, however, receive a PDF version of the issue that most readers can only access online.
While we can’t include every submitter’s literary art in our journal, we appreciate the chance to see it all in our quest for discovering new talent. Know that your work will undergo truly thoughtful consideration once it is in our hands.
Please feel free to pass our message on to anyone who may be interested.
AJ Urquidi & Marcus Clayton