The Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) is a private, non-profit organization formed in 1979. We are the leader in developing standards to advance and promote patient safety, quality care, and value for ambulatory health care through peer-based accreditation processes, education, and research. A certificate of accreditation is awarded to organizations that are found to be in compliance with AAAHC Standards.
AAAHC currently accredits more than 5,000 organizations in a wide variety of ambulatory health care settings including ambulatory surgery centers, community health centers, medical and dental group practices, medical home practices, and managed care organizations, as well as Indian and student health centers, among others. We are also the official accrediting organization for the US Air Force and the US Coast Guard. With a single focus on the ambulatory care community, AAAHC offers organizations a cost-effective, flexible, and collaborative approach to accreditation.
Job Title: Assistant Report Coordinator
Category: Accreditation Services
Location: Skokie, IL
Internal Job ID: ASAR08012013
We are currently seeking an Assistant Report Coordinator for our Skokie, IL office. The Assistant Report Coordinator provides assistance to Accreditation Services. The position requires evaluation of the AAAHC Survey Report for consistent application of accreditation standards, interpreting and proofing for grammar and spelling, communication of accreditation decisions, and the orderly and timely conduct of the post-survey process. The candidate must possess recent experience in initiating and responding to both written and oral client base communications; and proficiency in the use of computer resources in performing job duties including letter writing, data entry, data editing, document reproduction, and distribution.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Survey Process Functions: receive, edit, analyze, and evaluate survey reports for appropriate and consistent application of accreditation standards;initial assessment and interpretation of the plan of correction; prepares recommendations regarding accreditation status and term of accreditation and performs final review of all survey related materials for completeness and quality
- Staff Support to the Accreditation Committee: accountable for the compilation of information in preparation for distribution of survey report and supporting documentation to the Accreditation Committee; may conduct research, data analysis or other forms of data gathering as requested.
- Customer Service: initiates contact with the surveyors for clarification on interpretation of information as necessary to complete report evaluation. Provides guidance to organizations with regard to interpretation and understanding of accreditation standards; and Contacts surveyed organizations to clarify issues, solicit absent materials, and discuss potential problems.
- Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge and experience associated with programs using criteria and/or standards to evaluate systems, draw conclusions, or to credential persons and/or entities, preferably those associated with health care delivery.
- Recent experience in initiating and responding to written and oral client base communications, prospective customers, competitors, or other involved or interested parties.
- Ability to apply and develop detailed procedures, systems, and processes.
- Current use of computer resources in performing job duties including letter writing, data entry, data editing, data analysis; document reproduction, and distribution.
- Experience in scheduling, coordinating, and staffing committees, including agenda and support material preparation and distribution.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a manner that contributes meeting specified timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a work plan and follow it to completion.
- Communicates well both orally and in writing.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
- Intermediate to advanced level of computer skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/V/D
All Resumes must include cover letter and salary requirements.
Company website: www.aaahc.org