The Department of English is pleased to announce The Dontrey Britt-Hart Endowed Scholarship a scholarship opportunity for M.A. in Writing and Publishing.
The scholarship totals $2,200 in aide and applications are due February 5. Interested students can apply online.
Consideration for this scholarship shall be given to a student enrolled in the Writing and Publishing Program in the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences who is in good academic standing and has financial need. Preference shall be given to women or students who have demonstrated an interest in/commitment to increasing the prevalence of, or improving the role of, women in higher education. Preference may also be given to persons of color or students who have demonstrated an interest in/commitment to increasing the prevalence of, or improving the role of, people of color in higher education.
Applicants for this scholarship will need to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- an unofficial transcript
- an essay of 400-500 words describing your investment in education for women and/or people of color
- a sample of up to 15 pages of your creative writing
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship you must complete the following steps:
- If you have not done so already for the current academic year, complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and have the results sent to DePaul University. This is only required for need-based scholarships. Please note that students are not required to accept financial aid packages in order to be considered for need-based scholarships. They need only fill out and submit the application. Any federal financial aid accepted on behalf of the student through the FAFSA process is the responsibility of the student.
- Complete the General Application on the DePaul Online Scholarship Application website.
- Log into the DePaul Online Scholarship Application using your Campus Connect ID and password.
- Complete and submit the General Application.
- Once your application has been completed and submitted successfully, it will be marked with a green checkmark.
- If it is gray, the application was not submitted successfully; try again.
- After submitting the General Application, you will automatically route to opportunities for which you qualify and more information is needed. If you are recommended for additional scholarships, you will be able to view a list of opportunities. Apply for them by clicking on the blue “Apply” button beside each scholarship. Additional questions or information may be required to complete the application process.
After submitting an application
If awarded a scholarship, you will be notified via email and you will see a notification on the “applications” tab of the scholarship application site under “active.” You must accept the award within the DePaul Online Scholarship Application in order to receive the money. You will also receive communication from financial aid stating that your financial aid award letter has been updated. If you are not selected for a scholarship, you will see a notification on the “home” tab of the website indicating your application was reviewed and not selected. Individual emails are not sent for those not selected.
This award will post to the student’s spring quarter tuition bill. All awards are funneled through financial aid and student accounts.